Wegman Electric Company maintains the highest standard of safety with the commitment of ZERO accidents.
Our highest priority as an organization is to safely send every employee home at the end of the day to his or her family. Our program promotes an attitude in both managers and employees of injury and illness prevention. Prevention of occupational illness and injury always takes precedence over operating productivity. Our safety program fosters a cooperative environment, and it is because of this cooperation that our safety program thrives.
Our safety program and the expectation of zero incidents is based upon the following management guidelines.
Wegman Electric Company will:
- maintain safety as the first priority for every employee. The expectation for each employee is to perform his or her duties injury free.
- provide mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent possible.
- conduct a program of safety and health inspections to find and eliminate unsafe working conditions or practices, to control health hazards, and to comply fully with safety and health standards for every job.
- provide training for employees in good safety and health practices.
- provide necessary personal protective equipment and instruction for its use and care.
- develop and enforce safety and health rules and require employees’ cooperation with these rules as a condition of employment.
- investigate, promptly and thoroughly, every incident to determine the cause of the incident and take action to correct the problem and insure that it will not reoccur.
- maintain a system of recognition and awards for outstanding safety service and performance.